Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Allipalooza-Southwest Has Begun!!

As I write this I am sitting on a plane flying across the country. Allipalooza-Southwest has officially begun.  I begin my trip by spending 5 days in Las Vegas for the 5th Annual OMG 2012! Cancer Summit. 

On Monday I am renting a campervan and driving around the Southwest including Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Staircase / Escalante National Monument, Grand Canyon National Park and Sedona. 

I am very excited. I've been planning this leg of Allipalooza for months.  Not only do I get to spend the weekend with 500+ young adult cancer survivors, caregivers, and advocate, but I get to spend 10 days exploring the desert. 

A few minutes ago we flew over the Grand Canyon.  Such a beautiful sight from the sky. Hard to believe I will be there in person in just a week.  I am truly lucky to have this opportunity to make a dream come true and travel the country. 

I will try and update this blog and post pictures on twitter throughout my travels.  www.twitter.com/THEallipalooza.  (You do not need a twitter account to view my updates and pictures on twitter) 

The pilot has just called for us to turn off all electrical devices so I must go.  I will post this as soon as I can get connected. 

Goodbye for now, 

Alli 

No comments:

Post a Comment