Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Another day in the Allipalooza Diaries

Bryce Canyon.

I am sitting at Sunset point while I write this. I can't think of a better inspiration for a post than this spot. It is breathtakingly beautiful here and that is not the altitude talking. (or at least only a little)

I woke up early and broke camp. I was happy I was in the van last night instead of a tent. It got a bit windy. Driving through Zion was awesome. Especially in the morning light. I was not prepared for the switchbacks or the tunnel that was built in the 1930's. Good workmanship without the tools we have today.

I arrived in Bryce Canyon National Park a little after 9am. It was pretty chilly and I was surprised at the snow on the ground. I took a quick nap and then decided to drive around. At first I was disappointed after the bold views of Zion. All I could see from the road was trees. After watching a video at the visitor center I realized that unlike Zion where the views are there at every look, in Bryce you have to go searching for them.

As I drove around the park I started getting a look at the views from pull offs along the road. I decided to go all the way to the last lookout and promised myself to stop at every turn off on the way back. My patience was well rewarded. Walking the short trails to places like Paria, Bryce and Inspiration Points I was able to see the real beauty of Bryce Canyon. Looking across the canyon in what is called The Amphitheater I was able to gaze upon the red sandstone walls, the incredible Hoodoos and the beauty of the natural carved stone. I took a ton a pictures during my 3 hour drive and walks around the park. Only a few are on my phone so you will have to wait until I get home to see the rest.

During the last few days while on this solo trek I have learned a lot about myself and have come to many realizations about my journey the last few years and the events that have brought me to this point. I will try to write about some of these tonight. One thing I have learned is it is hard to not contemplate life when you are surrounded by naturals miracles.

Enough for now. Many thanks to all of those new friends I met this weekend at OMG that are following my travels and providing support. I could not do this without you cheering me on.

Peace, love, hope!

Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment