Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Technology Withdrawal

I didn't get a smart phone until October when the new iPhone came out. I had a texting phone before, but did not have a data plan. It is hard to believe I have become so dependent to being online all the time. It was weird turning my phone off today and not checking emails when I stopped to get ice cream or was waiting for the shuttle bus. I think that may need to be a goal while on this trip is to not depend on it so much. The ironic thing is I am using my phone to write this post. Except for a few quick hellos, a short conversation with the park ranger at the visitor's desk and asking the shuttle bus driver for directions to the Post Office, my only real communication has been through my blog and Facebook. It will take some time to get used to the silent days and only myself to have a conversation with. Yes, I've started talking to myself.

I'm going to hit the sack and make it an early night. I want to get up early and drive to Bryce to try and get a campsite in the park.

Peace, love and hope

Alli

P.S. Bought the best t-shirt today. Will post a picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment