Friday, April 6, 2012

Deep thoughts today.

One thing I've learned this week is when you are traveling solo you tend to be more contemplative. There is no one around to distract you and you might think about things you try not to. I've been thinking a lot about my dad. Fourteen years ago my parents came to visit me when I was living in California. After our visit they drove from Central California to Las Vegas and onto Bryce, Zion and the Grand Canyon. It is hard to know that dad visited the same places I am now without being able to talk to him about it. In fact knowing that I will never be able to talk to him again is devastating.

It has been just over 4 months since the day that changed the life of everyone in my family. I will never forget the events on Thanksgiving Day but more importantly I will never forget the conversations I have had with my dad and the times I had with him the past two years. I close this post with a special note to my dad.

Dear dad, I think about you everyday and miss you greatly. I will think about you on Sunday as I walk around the Grand Canyon and I dedicate this trip to you. Love you always.

2 comments:

  1. Although we only met briefly, I am hugging you w/all my heart Alli. I wish you peace and God's blessings this weekend. Celebrate Him & the beautiful world He created for you to enjoy!
    You have given me strength to keep fighting for the short life of my son, to make it all more meaningful for those that still struggle.

    ReplyDelete