Thursday, April 5, 2012

A lodge, some lamb and a mule

Since the forecast last night was below 30 degrees and the campground has no power hookups I wimped out and stayed at Bryce Canyon Lodge and treated myself to a nice dinner. The rack of lamb was a far cry from the canned meat I have been eating since Monday.

This morning I took a mule ride down into Bryce Canyon. I thought Bryce was beautiful from above but it is spectacular close up. The hoodoos are amazing. Although my bum hurts and I may never walk the same. My mule Tony was a bit adventurous and liked to walk near the edge of the trail. Considering the cliffs the trail was alongside I was not too fond of this and had to shut my eyes a few times.

I realized last night that for the first time in almost 5 years I don't feel like I have cancer. I still have fatigue and take a nap most days, but that is ok.

This trip and Allipalooza is not about having cancer or even the long term side effects. It is about moving on, testing myself, making dreams come true and figuring out what I want with the rest of my life.

I have second guessed myself a few times on this trip and have made a few stupid decisions like leaving my jacket in the van because it seemed warm but not taking account the wind and elevation change. But that is what life is all about. Making mistakes, learning from them and hopefully not doing them again. Luckily none of my mistakes were bad ones.

Ok, a nap is calling and then I am going to head towards Kanab Utah and hopefully find someplace to camp with a power hookup. Until later.

Peace, live and hope!

Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment